Published on June 10th, 2013 | by Donald McIntyre0
Bill Harris Talks About Personal Capital’s New Funding Round And The Issue Of Continuity
Last week Personal Capital announced that it raised a new round of funding of $25 million. This kind of information is not only positive for the company because it indicates its business success, but also for consumers because it assures continuity. And continuity is not only that the company is going to be around for a long time, but also that the business philosophy will.
In this interview Bill Harris, Founder and CEO of Personal Capital, was kind enough to talk with Newfination about the last funding round, but also about several key issues for the company, the digital investment industry, and new finance in general. Some of the topics we spoke about where:
– The round of funding and Personal Capital’s financial continuity.
– BlackRock as a new investor and Personal Capital’s business philosophy continuity.
– This moment in new finance: consumer adoption is growing.
– Digital service + human service = Digital Wealth Management.
– Weathfront, Betterment, Motif Investing, and Future Advisor in a $32 trillion market are really “comrades in arms” rather than competitors.
– The real competitors are the Schwabs, the Fidelities, and consumer inertia.